Australian Home Care Website Privacy Statement
- Information we collect;
- How we use your information;
- Who we exchange your information with;
- Keeping your information secure;
- Accessing, updating and correcting your information;
- Making a privacy complaint; and
- How to contact us and find out more.
As part of our commitment to privacy, this website Privacy Statement explains how we deal with personal or customer referral information collected through our websites under the following domain names:
- "ahcs.org.au" (Australian Home Care – Community Care ).
- “hah.com.au” (Healthcare at Home Australia)
- “nationwideagedcare.com.au” (Nationwide Health and Aged Care Services)
Throughout this Privacy Statement, we refer to "personal information" which means information which identifies you as an individual or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained. Your home address and home telephone number are examples of personal information.
We will post any changes to the Australian Home Care Services Site Privacy Statement on the AHC, Nationwide and HaH websites, so we encourage you to check this statement from time to time.
Information collected on this website
The information about you which we may collect through the AHC , Nationwide or HaH sites includes any messages or comments you submit to us via the sites and includes:
- any details you provide to us as part of a payment process;
- any messages or comments you email us which may include personal information such as your name and email address;
- information collected when you participate in an online survey;
- information collected when you complete and submit compliments,
complaints or feedback forms, service query forms, referral forms,
employment queries or job applications;
- in common with many websites, we may also collect aggregated
information which tells us about visitors to our Sites but not the
identity of those visitors. For example, we may collect information
about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the Sites
are most commonly accessed. This information is used by us to help to
administer and improve the AHC sites.
You may browse through information-only areas of the websites without providing any personal information to us, but we may not be able to provide the full range of services to you if we are not provided with information.
Like many websites the AHC sites may use "cookies" which store some
information on computers accessing the site. Cookies may be used by us
computer which has previously visited this site and customise the site
according to previous preferences and site behaviour.
Cookies may also
be used to manage security and store information about the type of
browser being used. With most Internet browsers, users can erase cookies
from their computer, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a
cookie is stored. However, some parts of the AHC Site may not function
fully for users that disallow cookies.
Use and disclosure of information
In addition to providing our products and services to you, we may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you:
- for administrative purposes including research, planning, service development, security and risk management;
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in AHCS;
- to the extent that we are required or authorised by law to do so.
- related to bodies corporate and with third parties; and/or
- to complete non-identified mandatory reporting to government agencies.
We may use and disclose aggregated non-personally identifying information collected through our site as part of our process of constantly improving the AHC Sites and our services and products.
How we handle email and "Contact us" messages and Enquiry forms
The AHC Sites will, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and we encourage you to check those websites for their respective privacy statements.
We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to information
If you wish to request access to any personal information which we hold about you as a result of our information collection practices outlined in this Privacy Statement, please contact us. Please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve it.
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy, or wish to make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal information, please contact us.
P: 1300 303770
PO Box 1029